Useful And Fun Movie Quotes

Patterico has a great post on Hollywood quotes that have insinuated themselves into everyday life. Here are some that my RISK* playing buddies and I often use.

The animated feature Heavy Metal is a good source of quotes:

"She dies, you die . . . EVERYBODY DIES."

"I've got an angle."

 

So is Aliens, particularly Private Hudson:

That's it, game over man!

 

Speaking of a lack of courage, even the Wizard of Oz has some great quotes:

Whadda they got that I ain't got?

Courage.

You can say that again.

 

Monty Python's Meaning of Life has tons of good quotes, but I especially like the one that did in Mr. Creosote:

Would you like an after dinner mint? It's wafer-thin.

 

Goodfellas, of course:

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you?

 

Not to mention the Godfather, which is filled with tons of very famous quotes. This one is less well-know, but tons of fun to say in a Marlon Brando accent (the one guy everyone seems to be able to imitate):

When have I ever refused an accomodation?

 

*We used to take our RISK playing very seriously. It used to cause crying in some of our younger players and at least one spouse, so we pretty much stopped playing.

No comments: