Andrew Greeley: Those Who Criticize Obama Have 'Sick Minds'

Greeley says that Thomas Sowell has a 'sick mind', but I'll put Sowell's intellect up against Greeley's (or just about anyone else's) any day of the week. In comparison, the paucity of Greeley's ability to reason shows itself quite clearly:

Neither expert, I daresay, ever drove by the church on 95th Street on Sunday morning. The people, including the young ones, are the best dressed and best groomed congregants I have ever seen, and they emerge from the most elegant collection of cars displayed in Sunday morning Chicago. No Catholic parish in Chicago I know of displays such relaxed prosperity on a Sunday. This is not Rev. Jess territory nor do the congregants look like radical white-haters.

They don't look like white-haters, therefore they cannot be white-haters? Greeley is trying to imply that he has familiarity with Chicago's South Side here. Well, he must have missed all of those impeccably dressed followers of Louis Farrakhan on the South Side, who are all unquestionably white-haters.

Here is Greeley's evidence of Sowell's 'sick mind':

Professor Sowell asserts that Barack Obama had to abandon his radical stance when he became a national public figure; he had to "project an entirely different persona, that of a post-racial leader who can heal divisiveness and bring us all together. The ease with which he has accomplished his chameleonlike change is a tribute to the man's talent and a warning about his reliability."

Yep, that Thomas Sowell is a raving lunatic, alright.

P.S. I'd like to add that I have met some members of the Nation of Islam, and their hatred of me simply because of the color of my skin was palpable. I tried to have a conversation with one young man, and I actually had to speak to him through another young black man (not a NOI member) because he would not speak to the blue-eyed devil directly. Even my 'interpreter' was put off and annoyed by it. I wasn't insulted really, but I remember thinking that as a black man, he of all people should know better than to treat others in such a racist fashion. Which is exactly why this whole Rev. Wright black racism thing is so disheartening, sad and hypocritical.

1 comment:

Ken McCracken said...

I don't know. He seems like a decent fellow to me up here in Canada.

Ken McCracken